LAW SCHOOL SCHOLARSHIP
Chattanooga Bar Foundation
College of Law Scholarship Information
BACKGROUND AND ELIGIBILITY
The Chattanooga Bar Foundation Fellows established the Law School Scholarship/s Program in 2007. Eligibility for scholarships is as follows:
· The Applicant must be a resident of Hamilton County, Tennessee who is attending an ABA accredited Law School.
· The Applicant must demonstrate reasonable need for scholarship.
· The Award is for one (1) year. A recipient of the scholarship must apply each year, not to exceed three years, to be considered for an additional scholarship award.
The Fellows of the Chattanooga Bar Foundation may award the Law School Scholarship/s annually. Generally, the annual scholarship is limited to a maximum of $2,500.00 per annum per recipient. Multi-year scholarships (not to exceed three (3) years) or a total of $7,500.00 per recipient are permissible.
· A resident of Hamilton County, Tennessee enrolled in an ABA Accredited Law School with a demonstrated need for financial assistance.
· Applications must be postmarked no later than May 30,2017.
REQUIRED SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS
· A certified college transcript that contains the student’s undergraduate class rank and test scores.
· Law School student must also provide certified law school transcript.
· A personal statement that provides a brief biographical sketch
· A personal statement that provides goals for the future.
· Personal or financial statement/circumstances that demonstrates the applicant’s need for financial assistance.
· A letter of recommendation from applicant’s undergraduate or Law School teacher/advisor. The letter should detail the applicant’s academic background, achievements, leadership abilities and community involvement. The letter should contain personalized information about the applicant.
CERTIFICATION AND RELEASE
The applicant must sign the attached application, certifying that all information provided is true and complete to the best of the applicant’s knowledge.
SUBMISSION OF THE APPLICATION
All complete applications must be postmarked by May 30, 2017. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applications must be sent to:
Lynda Minks Hood, Executive Director
Chattanooga Bar Foundation Fellows Scholarship Program
The Pioneer Building, Suite 420
Chattanooga, TN 37402